Pharmaceutical actives and excipients
Chemische Fabrik Schärer & Schläpfer AG was granted a Swissmedic license for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in 2003.
We are thus subject to regular GMP inspections by the Authority.
Besides the active substance Polidocanol 600, we also supply various excipients. We update this range of products according to requirements.
- Manufacture of pharmaceutical active ingredients (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients API)
- nManufacture of pharmaceutical excipients, taking into account current monographs
- GMP documentation and PhEur analytics
Polidocanol 600 is a local anaesthetic with antipruritic, analgesic and sclerosing properties. This surfactant with topical anaesthetic effect is used as an active pharmaceutical ingredient, as a pharmaceutical excipient and as an ingredient in diagnostic agents and cosmetics.
When applied externally as an ingredient of dermatological medications, it helps with itching and mild pain. It can thus reduce the severity of unpleasant symptoms, for example in psoriasis, neurodermatitis or eczema. Other possible applications are in (burn) wound care, as well as in oral care (teething remedies, or for relief of sore spots caused by dentures).
Polidocanol 600 is used in phlebology, proctology and sclerotherapy, mainly for sclerotherapy of varicose veins, spider veins and haemorrhoids.
- Local anaesthetic and sclerosing agent
- Oil-in-water emulsifier for creams and lotions
- Ingredients for cosmetics and diagnostic agents
|PhEur Name||Lauromacrogol 400 (PhEur 2046) / Macrogol Lauryl Ether (nominal value 9) (PhEur 1124)|
|Packaging sizes||· 25 l HDPE canisters · 60 kg and 120 kg HDPE cylinders|
Glycofurol is an ethoxylate of tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol, with an average molar weight of approx. 200 Da and inherent homologue distribution.
The colourless liquid is used, for example, as a solvent of poorly soluble injection ingredients, in soft gelatine capsules and in topical applications. Glycofurol is also used as a thickening agent in cosmetic products.
- Water-miscible solvent for injections in human and veterinary medicine
- Filler and solvent in hard and soft gelatine capsules
- Viscosity regulator and solvent for topical applications
Tetrahydrofurfuryl Alcohol Polyethylene Glycol Ether|
· 25 kg Aluminum bottle|
· 200 kg Steel drum